September 21 - September 25
Partnership is based on trust, and trust is built through relationships. As social media demonstrates every day, a digital handshake can start a beautiful collaborative partnership.
Welcome to UIDPConnect 2020, intentionally designed to advance connections on the university-industry partnership continuum. Panels, keynotes, and short talks will offer practical insight into new and improved models of engagement and leading-edge approaches to enhancing collaborations. Virtual breakouts will introduce specific, real-world concepts within new formats to interact with small groups and elevate your networking experience. UIDPConnect will not only let you virtually see your next contact across a room but also take a seat at the same table to share and connect.
After the live presentations, you’ll be able to download materials and watch session recordings 24/7—whenever it’s convenient for you. As we found with UIDPVirtual 2020, this asynchronous access will enable even more of our members and guests to experience UIDPConnect 2020.
We’re pleased to include some of the content that was previously planned with our colleagues at Penn State University, where our fall 2020 event was slated to take place. We’re excited that they have agreed to host UIDP at Penn State in fall 2021.
UIDPConnect 2020 Agenda Highlights
We’re continuing to add stellar sessions and speakers, so check back frequently! Attendees can look forward to:
Priya Baboo, Penn State University: Corporate Engagement Centers – Internal Models of Organization
Industry Partnership Perspectives:
Federal program updates:
- Clara Asmail, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Technology Transitions, Department of Energy
- Chris Austin, Director, NIH-NCATS
- Prakash Balan, Program Director, NSF- Industry-University Cooperative Research Centers Program (IUCRC)
- David B. Berkowitz, Division Director, NSF-Chemistry
- Chris Fall, Director, Office of Science, Department of Energy
- Tim Gallaudet, Deputy Administrator, NOAA
- Erwin Gianchandani, Deputy Assistant Director, NSF
- Andrei Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director, USPTO
- Doug Maughan, Office Head, NSF’s Convergence Accelerator Programs
Greg Reed, Program Director, NSF-Future Manufacturing and IUCRC
Plus timely content from:
- John Bamforth, UNC Chapel Hill and Kumar Saikatendu, Takeda, on READDI for future pandemics: Leveraging the power of open science drug discovery partnership
- Elaine Brock, C3Authority, on Contracting 101 and Amending Statements of Work Midstream
- Anna-Marie Greenaway, BP and Tomas Ulrichson, University of Cambridge on European Partnerships
- Randall Hall, USC and Daron Green, Facebook, on Joint Employment Arrangements
- Karl Mundorff and Rich Carter, Oregon State University, on the Promotion and Tenure, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (PTIE) effort
- Cynthia Sweet, University of Pittsburgh on Entrepreneurship and Innovation– Building industry connections to the startup ecosystem
- Geanie Umberger, Purdue University on Workforce Development and Student Engagement
- Susi Varvayanis, Cornell University on Career Pathways for Graduate Students
- Richard Cowburn, Karolinska Institutet, on the Swedish Way to Collaborate: Opportunities and Peculiarities
UIDPConnect 2020 Sponsor Opportunities
UIDP events attract high-level thought leaders across government, industry, university, and non-profit sectors. Diverse representation ensures that attendees can share both knowledgeably and authoritatively. See our Sponsorship Page for details about how your organization can support the UIDPConnect 2020 and achieve your sponsorship goals.
Registration Opens in July!
Member Registration: $400 per person
Non-Member Registration: $800 per person