UIDP 2018 Election – Call for Nominations
To nominate a colleague (or yourself), please forward the nominee’s name, home institution, and a brief bio to email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted through Monday, February 26th, 2018.
The University-Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP) is requesting nominations to fill three positions on the seven-person UIDP Board.
I. Incoming Chair (University category)
II. Director – University
III. Director – Industry
The term for the Director positions is two years, and one year for the Incoming Chair (followed by one year as UIDP Chair and one year as Immediate Past Chair); all positions commence on July 1, 2018.
Nominees need not be the primary member from their company/institution to run for election; we welcome all active participants from eligible member companies/universities as potential nominees to the Board.
Board Member (Incoming Chair and Director) – Desired Qualities/Traits
• Familiarity with the UIDP and its workings
• Project experience – either participating as a project lead or as a project participant
• Demonstrated knowledge/expertise in some facet of university-industry engagement
• Ability to effectively represent the UIDP and its members at national and international settings
Board Member (Incoming Chair and Director) – Responsibilities
• Participate in monthly Board calls/meetings
• Regularly attend UIDP functions including general meetings, project summits and other events as appropriate
• Serve on a UIDP Standing Committee
• Identify and recruit members to the UIDP family
Incoming Chair – Additional Responsibilities (per UIDP By-Laws Article V, Section D)
The Incoming Chair shall perform the duties of the Presiding Chair in the event that the Presiding Chair is absent, unable, or unwilling to fulfill such duties. When so acting, the Incoming Chair shall have and may exercise all the powers of the Presiding Chair. The Incoming Chair shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the Presiding Chair or by the Board of Directors. The Incoming Chair shall serve as a Voting Director.
UIDP Elections 2018 – estimated timeline
- January 15 – Election notice sent to Membership
- February 26 – Nominations deadline
- March 23 – Identification of slate
- April 4 – Receipt of Candidate Statements and Bios
- April 11 – Slate announced to membership
- April 16-19 – Candidates encouraged to attend UIDP26
- April 30 – May 4 – Membership Election
- May 11 – Election results announced
- July 1 – Terms begin