- This event has passed.
UIDP27 Academy Workshop: Working with Corporate Technology Scouts
September 11, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Access the UIDP27 Conference Report and Workshop Presentations HERE.
Strategic Partnering/Tech Transfer • Basic
Many leading innovation companies employ technology scouts to support their research and commercialization efforts. These scouts are charged with supporting the needs of individual business units and use a myriad of strategies to secure technology know-how for their firms.
Who Should Attend?
Basic Workshop Content.
In order to maximize direct engagement among attendees and speakers, attendance is limited.
This session will cover a number of topics including:
• Company structures – how companies are organized and where technology scouts fit into an organizational structure
• Making contact – how universities can best connect with these scouts when seeking to share information on technologies of interest to firms
• Due diligence – what steps should university representatives take to maximize the likelihood of success when engaging technology scouts
Each of these topics will be supported by case studies and illustrations to help participants gain the necessary information to help them perform their day jobs better.
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208
- Members – $150.00 until until July 31/$250.00 after July 31
- Non-Members – $300.00 until July 31/$500.00 after July 31