- This event has passed.
Orientation to UIDP Resources and Services
December 15, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
Eastern Standard Time
It’s time to engage with UIDP and find support for your role. Whether you’re a new member representative or just need to re-familiarize yourself with UIDP’s current resources and services, this interactive session can help you. Join Angie Florentine Taylor, UIDP’s membership services manager to review your core member services. During this session you’ll meet with Angie to walk through our resource library, projects, events, and other tools like the UIDP’s new podcasts, University-Industry Engagement Advisor (a complimentary news subscription), and myUIDP (A member directory search and network). Questions are welcome to ensure you find what you need for support with your work.
CORE MEMBER SERVICES: We’ll review together during this session.
- COMMUNITY PROBLEM-SOLVING: (View UIDP Project topics) You can use our member-driven projects to collaborate virtually in small working groups, to tackle a specific challenge or better navigate a new approach to advance your work.
- TOOLS & BEST PRACTICES: You’ll find best-practices guides around university-industry collaboration and additional tools to support your work in our MEMBERS-SIGN IN AREA on uidp.org.
- CUSTOM SUPPORT: Consider topics that you seek insights about or partnering-challenges that you face. UIDP will mobilize to meet members’ specific needs by convening the right set of professionals in the appropriate setting. Common modalities include:
- UIDP hosted webinars: for example, “How scientists can partner with Baxter.”
- 1-Minute Surveys: A vehicle to ask your questions and gauge current practices: View survey results & examples in the Member Resource Center.
- Dedicated RFP or other initiative support: example: UIDP Mailing “Facebook RFPs: Six Opportunities with deadlines.”
- Jobs Board (View Jobs here)
- Event speaking opportunities & more (Ways to present your needs)
- TIMELY RESOURCES
- COVID-19 Discussion Calls: We held a series of top-of-mind discussions about impacts in our arena to help members adapt to change. View the take-aways and topics. (Login required)
- Find answers: As a member, you can contact the UIDP Team with a topic or question that will help you with your work. We can support you in raising this within the UIDP community in the most appropriate manner. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an informational session with an opportunity for Q&A at the end. Participation is encouraged.
Angie Florentine Taylor
Membership Services Manager
Who Should Attend
Member representatives that wish to advance their work by better understanding of UIDP’s services and resources.