- This event has passed.
UIDP Webinar: Student Hiring and Internships During a Time of Uncertainty (2020)
May 6, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown months of careful strategic planning into chaos. Operations have been upended as leaders evaluate critical considerations around human capital and ordinary business never previously contemplated. How does this new corporate reality affect ongoing employment, student co-ops, internships, and hiring practices? University administration, faculty, and students are vested in these plans. So are their industry partners.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders in academic and corporate organizations, career services, HR, and human capital professionals, as well as others who are dedicated to developing workforce pipelines and academic-corporate partnerships.
The webinar will focus primarily on what companies are doing with this year’s planned cohort of undergraduate interns, how hiring schedules are being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and the long-term ramifications on employment issues.
We’ll also explore:
- How companies will meet new hire targets;
- New hiring and interview practices, onboarding, and virtual vs. on-site employment expectations; and
- How this period may influence ongoing academic collaborations or shift thinking about future talent development relationships.
- This highly participatory webinar includes presentations, interactive discussion, and Q&A. Attendee participation is highly encouraged.
Senior Associate, Human Resources Representative | Recruiter
Senior Staffing Partner
University Relations, Business Engagement Manager
Intern/Co-op Program Manager
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Director, Global University Recruiting & Programs
Lam Research Corporation
Norma Guerra Gaier
Executive Director, Texas Career Engagement
University of Texas, Austin