Most companies don’t have post-doc employee programs─yet
UIDP recently fielded a one-minute survey with our industry members about employing post-doctoral researchers: how common are industry-based programs dedicated to this practice?
While most of our 22 respondents said they did not have such a program, about one in four (23%) said they did. A fair proportion of respondents (18%) said they hired post-doctoral researchers, but did not have a formal program. See the research results.
Strong interest in industry-based post-doctoral research programs has prompted UIDP to being a new project group on these programs. If you’re interested in identifying best practices and sharing your perspective, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VMware Post Doctorate Researcher’s program: https://vmware.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/VMware/job/USA-California-Palo-Alto/Post-Doctorate-Researcher–VMware-Research-Group_R185745
- Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program, https://www.merck.com/research/fellow/home.html
- AstraZeneca Postdoc Programme, https://careers.astrazeneca.com/postdocs-astrazeneca
- Novartis Postdoctoral Programs, https://www.novartis.com/our-science/postdoc-program
- Pfizer Postdoctoral Program, https://careers.pfizer.com/en/postdoctoral-program
- Regeneron Postdoctoral Training, https://www.regeneron.com/postdoctoral-training-program
The article, “A Different Kind of Postdoc Experience” highlights the advantages of this type of program. It references the National Academies of Science publication, The Postdoctoral Experience Revisited.
Recent articles/blogs from the postdoc’s perspective: