UIDP’s comprehensive, 10-part webinar series for members and non-members illuminates contemporary issues and opportunities for effective negotiation of industry-sponsored research agreements (ISRAs).
This series is strategically designed to offer novice-to-seasoned contracting professionals insight on a broad range of contracting issues. The basic sessions are specifically developed for researchers (from industry bench scientists and students through full professors) and those very new to ISRAs. The intermediate/advanced webinars provide background and address current strategies used by companies and universities to arrive at a successful outcome.
Purchase the whole series (just $1,900 for non-members; $900 for members) or buy individual one-hour webinars targeting your needs. UIDP members must log in to access member savings.
Quick and successful negotiation of ISRAs is one of the key objectives of university-industry collaborations. UIDP and its members have invested significant time and energy to develop a robust and comprehensive portfolio of contract accords to assist research administrators, researchers, and other key personnel in understanding and negotiating the various aspects and clauses of ISRAs. Each webinar comes with the associated slide deck and related contract accords to enhance and extend learning.
|Webinar||Purchase a Webinar||Already purchased? View webinar!|
|Contracting Basics I||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Contracting Basics II||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Background Intellectual Property||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Foreground Intellectual Property||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Software Related Terms||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Confidentiality & Publication||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Current Data Use & Access Issues||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|New Contracting Models||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Liability, Warranties, Assumption & Allocation of Risk||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
|Basic Budgeting Strategies for Industry Agreements||Purchase Now!||View Recording|
Each session is led by an academic and an industry practitioner who share their perspectives and experiences on successful negotiation of ISRAs. Our presenters are:
- Charles Adelsheim, Varian Medical Systems
- Jennifer Barron, Collins Aerospace at Rockwell Collins
- Darin Bartholomew, Deere & Company
- Leza Besemann, University of Minnesota
- Elaine Brock, UIDP and Contracts, Compliance, and Conflict of Interest Authority, LLC
- Dava Casoni, USC Institute for Creative Technologies
- Jarrett Ellis, Georgia Tech Research Corporation
- Matthew Grossmann, Washington University St. Louis
- Steve Harsy, University of Arizona
- Mary-Margaret Klempa, Cornell University
- Austin Kozman, PepsiCo
- Jackie Kulfan, PPG
- Alice Li, The Center for Technology Licensing
- Paul R. Lowe, Kansas State University
- Mary Mansfield, UC, San Diego
- Jennifer Ponting, Harvard University
- Dana Rewoldt, Associate Director, Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer at Iowa State University
- Yogesh K. Sharma, Novartis
- Stewart Tansley, Facebook
- Heather Walsh, Baxter International, Inc.
Purchase webinars individually or at a reduced package price. We encourage companies and universities to purchase a package and host viewing sessions so that multiple individuals can benefit from this series.
Six Reasons to Purchase the Contracting Webinar Series
- Negotiating sponsored research agreements is one of the greatest challenges in U-I partnerships.
- The 10-part series was developed to benefit both experienced and novice professionals.
- Participant Q&A adds further illumination and application perspective.
- What you learned can be applied in your day-to-day work.
- On-the-ground, real-life insight is shared by outstanding presenters and moderators.
- Attendees can watch in a group and discuss how they would deal with contracting issues within their organization.