UIDP Contracting Forum 2020
January 28, 2020 - January 29, 2020
Discover the keys to successful University-Industry research contract negotiations at the 2nd Contracting Forum being held in Scottsdale, Arizona at ASU’s SkySong Campus
Come to the Contracting Forum 2020 to meet with contract negotiators from both academic and corporate sectors, and learn about contemporary issues and strategies for advancing the time to agreement. At this event, a large, diverse set of topics will be covered with presenters from universities such as Georgia Tech, MIT, Stanford, and UVa, as well as companies such as Boeing, Deere, Sanofi, and Varian Medical.
The Contracting Forum 2020 is part of UIDP’s ongoing efforts to remove barriers to speedy negotiations for university-industry sponsored research agreements. Although much of this work to date is captured in the Contract Accords, the Forum will provide academic and industry participants with new in-depth information regarding University policy, procedures and culture while giving our University participants an opportunity to learn more about what is important to different industry sectors.
Registration will open in June 2020.
- Master Agreements
- New Contracting Models
- Public Dedication Models
- Weighing Risk during Negotiations, and
- Software Agreements
Basic and Advanced Tracks are offered to maximize impact for attendees.
Contracting Forum 2020 Co-chairs
- Cindy McDonald, Supplier Management at The Boeing Company
- Sophia Herbert-Peterson, Director, Office of Industry Engagement, Industry Collaborations at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Andrew Budell, Vanderbilt University
- Conor Flyn, University of Buffalo
- Earl Knight, Director, Purdue University
- Elizabeth Adams, Princeton University
- Kim Rosenfield, Dartmouth College
- Lesley Millar-Nicholson, MIT
- Lisa Lorenzen, Director, Iowa State University
- Robin Beach, Director, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Steve Harsy, Director, University of Arizona
- Wade Brown, Novartis