UIDP Contracting Forum 2020
January 28, 2020 - January 29, 2020
Discover the keys to successful University-Industry research contract negotiations at the 2nd Contracting Forum being held in Scottsdale, Arizona at ASU’s SkySong Campus
The UIDP Contracting Summit is a unique forum to meet with contract negotiators from both academic and corporate sectors and learn about contemporary issues and strategies for advancing the time to agreement. At this event, which has both introductory and advanced tracks, a large, diverse set of topics will be covered with presenters from universities such as Georgia Tech, MIT, Stanford, and UVa, as well as companies such as Boeing, Deere, Sanofi, and Varian Medical.
The Contracting Forum is part of UIDP’s ongoing efforts to remove barriers to speedy negotiations for university-industry sponsored research agreements. Although much of this work to date is captured in the Contract Accords, the Forum will provide academic and industry participants with new in-depth information regarding University policy, procedures and culture while giving our University participants an opportunity to learn more about what is important to different industry sectors.
Registration will open in June 2020.
- Master Agreements
- New Contracting Models
- Public Dedication Models
- Weighing Risk during Negotiations, and
- Software Agreements
Basic and Advanced Tracks are offered to maximize impact for attendees.
- Andrew Budell, Interim Director and Director of Contracts, Sponsored Programs Administration at Vanderbilt University
- Cindy McDonald, Supplier Management at The Boeing Company
- Conor Flyn, Industry Contract Administrator, Clinical Research Office at University of Buffalo
- Earl Knight, Director, Contracting Sponsored Program Services at Purdue University
- Elizabeth Adams, Director, Office of Research and Project Administration at Princeton University
- Kim Rosenfield, Contracts Officer at Dartmouth College
- Lesley Millar-Nicholson, Director, Technology Licensing Office at MIT
- Lisa Lorenzen, Director, Office Of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer at Iowa State University
- Robin Beach, Director, Pre Award Sponsored Programs Administration at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Sophia Herbert-Peterson, Director, Office of Industry Engagement, Industry Collaborations at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Steve Harsy, Director, Contracting and Preaward Services, Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services at University of Arizona
- Wade Brown, Executive Director & Global Head, Operational Alliances at Novartis