- This event has passed.
UIDP Academy: Perspectives on Advanced Corporate Affiliate Programs
March 23, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 4:15 pm
Please note: This workshop will be presented in two parts during UIDPVirtual 2020 Conference
Part 1: 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Part 2: 3 – 4:15 p.m.
- Andrew Cockerill, UIDP
- Cody Noghera, UC San Diego
- Todd Cleland, University of Washington
- Arturo Pizano, Siemens
- Terri Deasy, CyLab
A handful of schools have created corporate affiliate programs through which companies pay a fee to gain access to students, colleges or departments. A few programs are very successful, but there are many hurdles to consider when creating and maintaining programs. Companies also must weigh the cost against benefits: How do you determine whether to join? In what ways can you maximize the value from participation? What metrics should you use to determine whether to continue engagement? This session will consider the academic and corporate perspectives.REGISTER
This will be a fast-paced participatory workshop including presentations from industry and academia. Attendee questions, discussion, and active participation will be encouraged. Presenters will provide an overview of some key steps involved in putting together Corporate Affiliate Programs, describe their experiences with Corporate Affiliate Programs, and highlight lessons learned from their experiences.
The workshop will focus on these primary areas:
- Key steps to establishing a successful CAP: Overview of factors to consider before creating a CAP and the elements required to establishing and sustaining a high-impact CAP.
- UC San Diego CAP Case Study: Overview of a successful CAP from the UC Davis Jacobs School of Engineering. Outcomes and key lessons will be the main point of focus.
- Carnegie Mellon University CAP Case Study: CyLab Security and Privacy Institute
- Company Perspective’s on CAP’s: An industry perspective on CAP’s and what companies are looking for in a successful CAP.
Agenda coming soon
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is targeted to academic professionals who are interested in learning how to successfully establish, operate and sustain a Corporate Affiliate Program and for corporate professionals who plan to join or currently participate in a program.
General Meeting & UIDP Academy Workshops (no additional fee to attend the workshops)
- Members: $400
- Non-Members: $500
One Day Pass
- Members: $125
- Non-Members: $150