UIDP29: Conference in Columbus, OH
September 16 @ 1:15 pm - September 19 @ 1:45 pm
UIDP29 will be co-hosted by The Ohio State University and Ohio University in Columbus, Ohio.
Developing 21st Century Talent through Meaningful Partnerships
Meaningful talent management strategies and action require imagination, innovation, and deliberate implementation to manage the forces and diverse influences affecting the 21st-century workforce. UIDP29 will explore questions, strategies, opportunities, and success stories that will inform the journey toward, developing 21st century talent through meaningful partnerships.
Discover how university-industry-government relationships are shaping the future on a global scale and network face-to-face with thought leaders in this space. There will be optional tours highlighting partnerships and innovation in Central Ohio and two evening receptions, one in Columbus and the other on the campus of The Ohio State University.
Agenda is subject to change
The UIDP29 agenda is still under development, but attendees can look forward to:
General interest sessions
Sessions will be grouped in areas such as:
- Strategic Engagement
- Workforce Matters
- Accessing Talent Through Innovative Programs: Capstones
- Communication, Empathy, and Ensemble: Theatre Tools for Improving the Workplace
- Developing Curriculum with Industry Input
- Diversity and Inclusion: Industry and University Perspectives
- Co-ops/Internships: Innovative Models
- 21st Century Talent – Defined by Academic and Industry
- Innovative Approaches to Career Services to Promote U-I Engagement
- Robot Proof: Higher Education in the Age of Artificial Intelligence,
Joseph Aoun, President, Northeastern University
- Connecting Curriculum to Career
Sara Martinez-Tucker, board member of American Electric Power, Nationwide, Service Corporation International, Sprint, and Xerox
Additional fee required
Workshops are each a half day. Please choose only one workshop per day as they will run concurrently. More details to come as these workshops are developed.
Mon., Sept. 16 • 1:00–5:00 PM
- Data-informed Decision Making for Academic-Industry Research Collaborations
- Innovation Districts and Research Parks in U-I Collaborations
Tues., Sept. 17 • 8:00 AM –12:00 PM
- University and Industry Engagement with National Laboratories
- Crafting State Programs to Foster U-I Collaborations
Please choose one. This short course will run concurrently with the Tues. morning UIDP Academy Workshops.
Tues. Sept. 17 • 8 a.m. – Noon
Strategic Doing: Ten Skills for Agile Leadership
$50 registration fee includes a copy of the book
by Ed Morrison.
Thurs., September 19 • 2:30–4:00 p.m.
Please view the tour details for UIDP29 tours, transportation and more before signing up
-OSU ACCAD (Advanced Computing Center for Arts and Design)
-CEMAS (Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis)
-Ohio University’s College of Health Sciences and Professions Dublin Integrated Education Center and the Heritage College of Medicine Dublin Campus
-Ohio State eSports
-Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe)
-Honda Heritage Center Museum Tour
-Columbus City Adventures Tour
The Blackwell Inn and Pfahl Conference Center
2110 Tuttle Park Place
Columbus, OH 43210
LODGING OPTIONS WITH GROUP RATES
IMPORTANT: Discounted room block rates are available at the three hotels listed below. Transportation will not be provided from hotels to the conference. Please note that a minimum 2-night stay is required at the Hyatt Place and Courtyard by Marriott to get the room block rate.
The Blackwell Inn Pfahl Conference Center (conference site)
2110 Tuttle Park Place
Columbus, OH 43210
Room block code: UIDP0916 (until 8/17)
Rate of $139/night
OTHER LODGING OPTIONS
Hotels on Olentangy River Rd. and in the Short North district are also close to the OSU campus:
Download the Logistics Memo for more important event details.
- Members: $150 until Aug. 2/$250 after Aug. 2
- Non-Members: $300 until Aug. 2/$500 after Aug. 2
- Members: $400 until Aug. 2/$500 after Aug. 2
- Non-Members: $2,250 until Aug. 2/$2,500 after Aug. 2